Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Taite and Seth's 6th birthday.... How my grief has changed.

November 21st was my twins 6th birthday. It was a nice day. Mum and I took a nice walk around the chapel, then went for a yummy lunch. I picked the kids up from school and day care and we had a swim then did a cake with sparklers. I got a really gorgeous video
of Jett singing Happy birthday.

I didn't cry. I don't speak about them as often as I used to and when I do, it's not with the same intensity. Things have changed. I love them and they are very much a part of the family. Their 'stuff' is around. They're brother knows about them. But yes, there are many layers added to what was once intense grief.. I am now parenting living children, I'm back at work, I'm studying and yes, life is happening. I felt so guilty, so alone. Confused by this change. I feel I don't fit in. I'm not a mother who has ever lost a child, but I'm a mother that is not in the intense early stages of grief either... I don't need to feel guilty, because this is a natural progression, but somehow I do. "You're grief is as deep as your love" I still love them. That will never change, and some days I can be hit by a an unbearable wave of grief, but those days are few and far between now, but does that mean that I love them less? I've read some blogs from parents who have lost babies around the same time and it does make my feelings seem 'normal'. I spoke to a friend who lost her babies over 10 years ago and she said she stopped crying probably around the 6 year mark. I guess it's just strange for me because I have never not cried on their birthday. Anyway, their anniversary is Wednesday, maybe I'll cry then??

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a Nurse and Mama to 2 Angels and a premmy Miracle

Followers